Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with computer starting.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KrissyLynn

KrissyLynn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

hello 
Issues with my computer:
this issue started a few months after receiving my pc from NCIX. 

*starts with getting random freeze ups or blue screens, then moves on to not being able to come out of hibernation with out me rebooting a few times. 

* few weeks later it will just stop booting. I can turn it on you can hear some things in it running lights are on but it wont actually load windows. In the beginning i can get it sometimes to come back and will get a error that it failed to boot multiple times.

* I did take it to a local computer shop last time this happened they said it was a windows issues and reformatted that was January it happens again in march we reformatted it ourselves this time and not June same issues. its a recurring problem that happens every few months ad we just cant figure out what is causing it. 

components:

Cooler Master N200 mATX / mITX Tower Case Black 1X5.25 3X3.5 4X2.5 USB3.0 

Cooler Master Extreme 2 Power Plus 625W ATX 12V Power Supply 20/24PIN 120mm Fan

Corsair Vengeance Blue CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer Black

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler System LGA1150 1155 1366 1156 2011 AM2 AM3 FM1 & FM2

Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5in SATA3 LSI SandForce Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD

AMD A10-7850K APU Quad Core Socket FM2+ Processor W/RADEON R7

ASRock FM2A75M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Dual Channel 1XPCIE3X16 1XPCIE2X1 1XPCI 6XSATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard

Any help would be appreciated as I am a college student who takes most classes online.  Thanks happy.gif

Edited by KrissyLynn, 15 June 2015 - 09:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

What version of Windows or OS? And, have you always been able to at least see a POST screen or access the BIOS or UEFI??

#3 KrissyLynn

KrissyLynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

I'm running windows 7 64bit. And no I don't get a boot menu or anything the monitor doesn't even acknowledge that anything is plugged in. Yet I can hear computer components running and it can take me multiple hard resets to actually boot into windows if it does at all, it eventually gets to a point wheree it just will not load at all until I reformat. I do sometimes get a error when it doesn't load that says multiple boot failed

Edited by KrissyLynn, 15 June 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Has the same SSD been involved every time?

#5 vishwa

vishwa

• Banned Spammer
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

It may be due to your Hard drives sometimes faulty hard drives can cause system not start up. You can diagnose your pc with any external software available.

#6 NatalieGreen

NatalieGreen

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

1. Install the BIOS update.
  2. Shut down.
  3. Remove my ReadyBoost flash memory card
  4. Restart
  5. Open a "Run as Administrator" Command Prompt Window
  6. Type "powercfg -h on" to turn hibernation back on.
  7. Shut down (not hibernate!)

I was able to hibernate and restart. It wasn't fast, but it worked.  Once.

Attempts before and after the successful try have failed, with the machine halting for >1 minute while the screen displays "Windows is restarting..." under the four-color flag logo

another option if this does't work..

Go to Bios a General a Advanced Boot Options

Uncheck the “Enable Legacy Option ROMs” option

Reboot.

Edited by NatalieGreen, 16 June 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#7 KrissyLynn

KrissyLynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Is there a external software you reccomend

#8 KrissyLynn

KrissyLynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

Yes it has been the same ssd each time. I just tried to watch a video today and it froze up and won't boot agian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users