Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a number of computer issues but )yfklsjtmjklwkxeojhinz is my current one

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ScaredAK

ScaredAK

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

In my pictures library, I found a folder named !onklsjtmjklwkxekzbjiz. It's a hidden file. It has 5 files, 2 gifs and 3 docs. Security Essentials says it fine. One gif, for example is called !xitklsjtmjklwkxeoaqcb.gif. The doc files have equally bizarre names like AAODFkcuwlklsjtmjklwkxezzi.doc.

I cannot open the docs or look at the gifs. Not sure I want to. What could they be? Created May 30 this year....

It's impossible to google things like #mcklsjtmjklwkxeppgsdq.doc, another file.

Help!

Discovered I had a similar folder in my documents named )yfklsjtmjklwkxeojhinz, but it only has 2 of the 3 doc files in it and no gifs.

Edited by hamluis, 16 June 2015 - 08:20 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

Show hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7: It may just be a Hidden file with an odd name..

Here's how to display hidden files and folders.

1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab.

3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

To learn more about hidden files, see What is a hidden file?

Hope this gives you an idea to start looking ..

Thanks -

EDIT - It may be a Deleted item, so it has no actual name, or just a random file that you installed.

Games / Antivirus / Antimalware programs or similar do not always have regular names.

Edited by noknojon, 15 June 2015 - 12:22 AM.

#3 ScaredAK

ScaredAK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

No, I have hidden files turned on. These are hidden folders and files. If it had been off, I wouldn't have seen them. My question was - what are they? It would be nice to actually get an answer to that. Not really sure what you were saying by telling me to turn on hidden files etc since that has nothing to do with my question.

But recently it was turned off, not by me. When I turned it back on, these folders appeared. I have never seen them before. There are two in my root directory, they are everywhere. Never were here before May 30. Something happened, no idea what.

They are also in my music, my 3 different document folders, and on and on.. I installed Easy Synch Crypto Monitor that day. So I'm going to uninstall it and see it they leave. I do not understand why, if crypto monitor put them in, why aren't they signed. Properties shows only that I created them the evening of the day I installed that program.

So still hoping for someone to actually answer me or look at the files. Now one folder has a png file, along with 6 docs and 2 gifs. Since I always have it on (except something maybe crypto monitor, suddenly turned them off), I would have noticed them before. The earliest version on backups is again, May 30. And interestly enough, all of my restore points prior to that date are gone too.

I installed crypto whatever from here, and didn't see anything that said it would change my settings and remove my restore points. So it may be a coincidence. But what is ^uaoklsjtmjklwkxebtltb.bmp sitting in folder C:\@klsjtmjklwkxemakknkop in my root? Along with lots of other files and the other root folder !ikxqhnklsjtmjklwkxehc with its load of files like &kjklsjtmjklwkxehlqxtm.png

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

Hi,
It's a known behaviour of Cryptomonitor to leave random files in commonly accessed directories and monitor their status (ie if the file is intact or encrypted) and hence detect the infection of some Crypto malware.
See support topic here: www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572146/cryptomonitor-stop-all-known-crypto-ransomware-before-it-encrypts-your-data/
specifically http:// http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572146/cryptomonitor-stop-all-known-crypto-ransomware-before-it-encrypts-your-data/page-18#entry3711007 and
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574358/cryptomonitor-question/

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 15 June 2015 - 01:29 PM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 ScaredAK

ScaredAK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Thanks! I didn't realize that there was a special forum. Duh. But that first link gives me this:

Error 520 Ray ID: 1f70dec2f18b1bcd • 2015-06-15 20:02:01 UTC Web server is returning an unknown error

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Does this work for you?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572146/cryptomonitor-stop-all-known-crypto-ransomware-before-it-encrypts-your-data/page-18#entry3711007
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 ScaredAK

ScaredAK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

perfectly, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users