Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Error (Kills My Time)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jahangeer

Jahangeer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

Hello friends...!!! I have HP Compaq 8200 MT Elite PC. I am getting the error shown in screen shoot bellow. It comes without any fix timing. Please experts are requested to solve this problem. I am really fad off this system.

I am also attaching the DUMP files for more clearance.

o04iuf.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 June 2015 - 02:31 PM.
Moved from Windows 7 to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Hi Jahangeer & Welcome to BC ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe000289b9028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000800400, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

The error is as below -
Error         : Internal timer (Proc 2 Bank 3)
The error is consistent across the 0x124 dump files. I would not be surprised if this is a failing CPU since the rest of the dump files are 0x101 which generally indicate a CPU failure.

I checked the 3rd party drivers present on the system and there are not many which suggests that this might be a hardware problem after all.

Kindly follow the below steps -

1. Please remove HotSpot Shield since it is known to cause problems.
2. If you are still facing problems, please perform the below suggested Prime95 guide and report back any errors and the temperature -

Prime95 download site: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight please run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
Monitor the CPU temperature and DON'T let it exceed 85ºC. If it does, then you probably have a CPU cooling problem.
- CPU temps exceeding 60ºC can cause errors in Prime95. Fix the cooling solution first, then run Prime95 again.
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.
NOTE: Errors should be considered when:
- the system BSOD's during Prime95
- the system freezes during Prime95 (this is different than the extreme slowness caused by the program using all your RAM and CPU)
- the Prime95 program crashes
- the Prime95 program shows errors in it's display
- there are errors in the Prime95 results file
More details on the use of this test: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

3. Perform the Intel Burn Test from this link - http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?197835-IntelBurnTest-The-new-stress-testing-program

Kindly report the temperatures while performing the test. Use CoreTemp to monitor the temperatures.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

Edited by blueelvis, 14 June 2015 - 03:00 PM.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

FWIW:  http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210666-bsod-101-clock-interrupt-not-received-secondary-processor.html .

Louis

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hi Louis ^_^,

CPU Failures can be considered in many ways. One of them is what you have mentioned ;)

@Jahangeer - I would suggest a reset of the BIOS settings just in case the settings were changed due to which the BSOD is occurring :)

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users