Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TP-LINK WDR3600 setup help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 axlrose83

axlrose83

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Hi there guys, got a router to increase stability on my network.

Using the standard sky router (Sagem F@st 2504) as a modem, I want to turn its wifi off and have the TP link handle the connections but absolutely no idea where to start.

I've set it up so i have internet coming through the tp link via wired connection to this PC but dont know where to go from here to make the wifi work.

If someone could offer some kind of help after asking for more information id be very grateful. 

Thanks, Scot Mclaren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

Which one is doing DHCP?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 jimasek

jimasek

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

For example video tutorial -

#4 axlrose83

axlrose83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Sorry Cavedweller, I dont understand what DHCP is, im not too versed in networking terms.

Jim- Thanks very much for the link, ive setup both bands now and changed passwords, also turned off wifi from my old router so its really only a passthrough.

Is there anything else i need to do to the old router to make it as efficient as possible?

#5 jimasek

jimasek

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

Do you have internet access by the new router, at all?

#6 axlrose83

axlrose83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

New router handles all wifi now, the ethernet from the pc also goes to it and the internet is working on all devices-

including (lol) the range extender in the garden 50m away since the signal from the new router extends that far now

#7 jimasek

jimasek

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

Very important, you have to secure your wireless network (Wireless Security - WPA2/AES) and access router setup (System Tools->Passwordl). That's all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users