Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sounds & Audio Devices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ry12

ry12

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:22 AM

I re-installed WinXP on my Fujitsu Siemens Tablet PC, which is supposed to be a touch screen PC but I'll get to that later...

Everything is running smoothly but the only problem I have is with the sound, I don't have the audio icon anywhere and when I go through the settings I find nothing, ''no playback devices, no recording device'' I installed Realtech drive but nothing changed, it didn't read it. What can I do?

***Side question, is there a drive which lets you use the touch screen on WinXP?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

Hi,

rzqZvBe.pngMiniToolBox

• Please download MiniToolBox and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Close any open windows.
  • Right-Click MiniToolBox.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Check the following items:
    • List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices -> All
    • List Minidump Files
  • Click 9Z8u2SR.png.
  • A log (Result.txt) will be created on your Desktop. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

#3 ry12

ry12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:00 AM

Hi,

rzqZvBe.pngMiniToolBox

• Please download MiniToolBox and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Close any open windows.
  • Right-Click MiniToolBox.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Check the following items:
    • List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices -> All
    • List Minidump Files
  • Click 9Z8u2SR.png.
  • A log (Result.txt) will be created on your Desktop. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

Thanks for the reply, the file in the link had a virus so my anti-virus deleted it before I could have used it. I'll try finding it somewhere else

#4 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

It's a clean file. Just disable your antivirus as you may encounter versions of the tool that come bundled with other crap if you were to get it from another site.

Edited by thisisu, 15 June 2015 - 03:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users