Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET Framework 4

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lloydlec

Lloydlec

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:31 AM

Can ANYONE help me with this issue. I cannot install .NET Framework 4 I have done all the standard things, clean up of .NET frameworks ALL versions, clean boots but |I keep getting a "fatal error" message- ANY help, besides throwing this laptop out the window?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

This person usually has good advice:  https://www.raymond.cc/blog/uninstall-microsoft-net-framework-with-aaron-stebner-cleanup-tool/

As does this person:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2012/08/04/10336934.aspx

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Lloydlec

Lloydlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:17 AM

Thanks BSOD Kernel Dump Expert I am about to beat this laptop with a hammer :-)

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

I have a fine selection of hammers to choose from at work:

- a rubber mallet

- a claw hammer

- a ball peen hammer

- a 3lb hand sledge

- a 20lb sledge hammer

- a pair of pliers that we beat things with (like a hammer) when we get really frustrated!

Unfortunately, Win7 isn't as easy to repair as Win8/8.1/10

Have you tried System Restore - to put you at a place before the problem started?

Have you tried a repair install of 7?  Instructions here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Lloydlec

Lloydlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

20lb sledge will do the job BUT I hate been beaten by this thing.  Going to keep pushing buttons and see what happens ;-0

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

Unfortunately, the repair installations requires a installation disc for the version of Windows 7 you have installed.  Microsoft removed all of the ISO downloads that were available to anyone at one time.  The only way you can get an installation disc for a OEM computer is to get it from the manufacturer of the computer.  If the installation is made from a retail copy of Windows 7, Microsoft provides a ISO download for this.  You will need a valid product code to enter at the website in order to verify your copy is a valid retail version.

One other thing you could try would be to install the .Net framework 4.5.  This will include the .Net framework 4.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Lloydlec

Lloydlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

REMOVED

Edited by Lloydlec, 15 June 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

The log shows problems with HardDisk2

Please run CHKDSK /R /F on all volumes from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.  You may have to reboot for it to run on the C: drive.  Just answer "Yes", reboot, and let it run.

Please run hard drive diagnostics on all hard drives ( http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Problems with the disk may be the reason you're having problems installing .NET v4

Edited by usasma, 14 June 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#10 Lloydlec

Lloydlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

ran CHKDSK earlier and nothing no problems what so ever :-( I thik it is sledge hammer time unles Louis can pull a trick out of the hat!

#11 Lloydlec

Lloydlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:17 AM

SOLUTION FOUND

No not a 20lb sledge hammer.

1) I removed all and ever version of .Net Framework via ADD/REMOVE (this seems to be important)

2) Used IObit Uninstaller 4.3

3) The ran BleachBit and CCleaner

4) Installed .Net Framework 4.5.2

Installed no problems. rebooted, all done.

Thanks to all the posters who replied to me and offered help. Greatly appriciated!

Lloyd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users