Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely irritating "priceLess" virus - please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jpatt

Jpatt

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:05 AM

Hi there. So I have recently had a few very annoying adware viruses on my computer. I deleted one, but now there is one that has hijacked all my internet browsers called "priceless". Basically whenever I do a google search it will spam my search with a bunch of useless ads and I have to scroll way down to get to my real search results. In addition it spams all pages (even this one as I write) with annoying sidebar ads. 

So far I have looked up several guides on how to remove and all have worked for a short time but ultimately failed. It installed itself as an application somehow and I uninstalled it, I also deleted the program files (in safe mode) as well as run a full virus scan (in safe mode). I also deleted the extension in all my browsers. It keeps coming back like herpes. 

Another big problem I have had which I think another virus called "zebragames" (which I thought I deleted successfully) may have done, Is mess with my registry so that I cannot access my regedit (or run ccleaner, and perhaps some other registry related programs). I cant run it from the startbar either. I have tried several things like the system file checker and run a scan from the command prompt. It finished and said that it found some corrupt files but was unable to fix them and that the details were in a log. When I try to access the log it says "access denied". Unfortunately I only noticed the regedit problem a short while ago, but its possible it could have been like that for a while so I was uncertain of wether to use a system restore point.

Other than this my system seems function still at least. Please help me get rid of this adware and re-enable my regedit. I would like to avoid a reformat at all costs if possible.

I am running windows 7 home premium service pack 1. Running microsoft security essentials as antivirus.

I have an ASUS Notebook G74SX series with intel core I7-2670QM CPU @2.2ghz. 16 GB RAM.

Thankyou.

Edited by hamluis, 14 June 2015 - 06:05 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:01 AM

I have experienced the PriceLess issue. Do the following. Check your control panel for such unwanted programs and do the following.

Mod Edit:  Removed instructions to run application (Zoek) not allowed for use in this forum.  See Instructions For Posting Advice - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 14 June 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#3 Jpatt

Jpatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

I have experienced the PriceLess issue. Do the following. Check your control panel for such unwanted programs and do the following.

Mod Edit:  Removed instructions to run application (Zoek) not allowed for use in this forum.  See Instructions For Posting Advice - Hamluis.

Thanks very much Seranok. Allowed on the forum or not... Zoek seems to have fixed my adware and registry issue. Will let you know if anything comes back.  :thumbup2:

#4 Jpatt

Jpatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

NOO. Its been a week since I fixed that issue and now the exact same problem has returned yet again. Only this time it says ad by "adremover" instead of "priceless". Pleasssse help me get rid of this once and for all.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

Now you need to Repost in another section where those tools are allowed. The reason we do not want it run here is it's not a genral fix tool.
Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Jpatt

Jpatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

Now you need to Repost in another section where those tools are allowed. The reason we do not want it run here is it's not a genral fix tool.
Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

Ok cool thanks I did what you instructed and posted another thread here but its been a while and still no reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580358/adware-virus-pricelessnomore-ads-redirects-google-search-and-displays-popups/ 

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

Thanks...

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.
Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRL Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
The current wait time is 1 - 3 days and ALL logs are answered.
If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.
To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users