Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove items from Amazon App history

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:43 AM

Every time I do a product scan, it remains in history. I assume that that's my Smart phone's history not Amazon's server's history and if so, that's problematic because all I'm using this app for is to scan a product's Amazon ranking Once I get that scan number, I no longer need that product in History and I suspect that I could be expending memory as these add up.

I simply couldn't find a way of deleting products from my history and the list is growing. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S-4 smart phone. run on the Adroid platform.

Edited by godzilla1347, 14 June 2015 - 01:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cybersa

cybersa

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:28 AM

Just now i checked on my Amazon application.

When i click Barcode it takes me to scan barcode and display result.

I think it does not store any history.

Where it is showing history?

Can you tell me in detail?

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

I do see a history when I go to the second page and go to product search summary. If I click on searches, all my previous searches appear on the app and that concerns me because I'm not sure if they are being pulled from my phone's memory or from Amazon's server. If I did 1000 scans, that could certainly be an issue if I can't remove them (which I see no way of doing) and they were taking memory from my system.  I don't know how to check.

I sent in several messages to seller central and no one over there has a clue. The response I have gotten back for weeks is that they "are looking into it."  I find it absurd that they launch a program and no one can tell you anything about it. 

If this app is storing these scans in my system's memory and I can't delete the history of these scans, then it's a real problem because, over time, I will have a bottleneck. Now I can't believe Amazon would launch a program that does that but I am not about to make assumptions either. I just don't know and it's very frustrating.

Edited by godzilla1347, 25 June 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#4 cybersa

cybersa

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

I do see a history when I go to the second page and go to product search summary. If I click on searches, all my previous searches appear on the app and that concerns me because I'm not sure if they are being pulled from my phone's memory or from Amazon's server. If I did 1000 scans, that could certainly be an issue if I can't remove them (which I see no way of doing) and they were taking memory from my system.  I don't know how to check.

I sent in several messages to seller central and no one over there has a clue. The response I have gotten back for weeks is that they "are looking into it."  I find it absurd that they launch a program and no one can tell you anything about it. 

If this app is storing these scans in my system's memory and I can't delete the history of these scans, then it's a real problem because, over time, I will have a bottleneck. Now I can't believe Amazon would launch a program that does that but I am not about to make assumptions either. I just don't know and it's very frustrating.

I think you are using old version of Amazon application.
I have delete button to delete the history.

You can get the latest version from here:http://www.amazon.com/androidapp

#5 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

that's strange because I just downloaded the app from Amazon about 2 weeks ago. I will try your link. Just curious, in your version, where do you find the delete button?

I just went to the link you had sent and that was for general sellers. I'm a fulfillment By Amazon seller with an account with them. I'm not sure if the link you had sent is for FBA sellers or simply merchant fulfilled sellers. I also got a message that that app could harm my device.

Edited by godzilla1347, 25 June 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#6 cybersa

cybersa

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

that's strange because I just downloaded the app from Amazon about 2 weeks ago. I will try your link. Just curious, in your version, where do you find the delete button?

I just went to the link you had sent and that was for general sellers. I'm a fulfillment By Amazon seller with an account with them. I'm not sure if the link you had sent is for FBA sellers or simply merchant fulfilled sellers. I also got a message that that app could harm my device.

I don't know about that.

I have downloaded the app from that link.

Here is the screenshot:

4j20azB.jpg

Edited by cybersa, 25 June 2015 - 01:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users