Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't start after I moved.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yifan Lu

Yifan Lu

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:50 PM

OK, this is creepy: I have the EXACT same problem on the EXACT same emachine model! It won't turn on, but there is a green light on the motherboard! But I could tell my computer was "dieing" because a month ago (and all the way until now) my USB ports starting malfuncting, every time I plug in a USB, windows gave me the "USB Malfunctioned" error, I think it is because I pluged in too much stuff (a USB mouse, printer, webcam, wireless internet adapter, and somethimes a ipod) I tryed everything to fix it (windows devce manager settings, unplugging all usb stuff, closing lots of problems that use too much cpu, etc), but I couldn't fix it, so now, a week from today I started packing to move to a new house, and day-before-yesterday, I pluged in my computer from my new house, and nothing happened. I'm almost sure it is the power supply's problem. I'm not sure if it is the same as msmith40's problem, but it fit's his description. I'll try to fix it and post the solution, but I don't have THAT much money to but new motherboards, cpus, or computer. Can someone help me?

P.S: Am I the owner of the second haunted computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yifan Lu

Yifan Lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:33 PM

Can someone please help me!!! My computer is still broken.

(See above post)

I went to Frys and the guy there said my power supply works, but it doesn't !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users