So I've had my new PC for about half a month now, and there have been no major issues up until a moment ago. I was playing some Borderlands for about 30 minutes, exited out, and decided to watch a YouTube video at which point the audio started stuttering 3 seconds in the video and then the BSOD appeared. I've played more resource-intensive games before without any problems.
· OS: Windows 7 x64
· What was original installed OS on system? Brand new HDD - Windows 7 x64 is the only OS that has been on here.
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Full retail version
· Age of system (hardware): Half a month
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Half a month; have not modified the OS in any way since then.
· CPU: i5-4690k
· Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 970
· MotherBoard: ASUS Z97-A USB 3.1 version
· Power Supply - brand & wattage: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2 80+ Bronze-Certified 750W
· Laptop or Desktop: Desktop
Will be doing the other 3 recommended tests in the meantime! Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Running Drive Verifier currently. In regards to storage diagnostics, I'm unsure about the SSD diagnostic tool posted (SSD Life) in the sticky; do I just run the trial version? I'm using an SSD as my primary drive and an HDD as a secondary. Will run MemTest next if I don't get an answer to this once Driver Verfier wraps up.
Edited by snipersgethead, 13 June 2015 - 10:52 PM.