Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DrPsycho

DrPsycho

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

I'm using an older monitor but it was fine until a few days ago. I had a desktop background that was red and it was perfect until one day is made weird stuff on my screen. Now in random videos where it is normally black; you can see red stuff.

Picture: http://gyazo.com/554efffa12c3557410136219b875a4af

Not sure what it is.

PS: I use a two monitor set up and I simply move the picture from the bad monitor to the good one and the red stuff disappears. Does this mean my monitor is bad now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:18 AM

Yes, the older CRT types will experience a gun failure, one of three for each color (RGB) red, green, blue and when that happens you can get the entire display washed out by one color.

#3 DrPsycho

DrPsycho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:36 AM

Yes, the older CRT types will experience a gun failure, one of three for each color (RGB) red, green, blue and when that happens you can get the entire display washed out by one color.

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

There was a box that some repair shops had that could possibly restore the CRT but I imagine that you won't find anyone with a unit.  It was called a CRT rejuvenator.  It could detect and in some cases eliminate small shorts within the vacuum tube by applying a high voltage to burn the short open.  Sometimes it would actually make the fault worse, but it is meant as a last straw attempt so it would need replacement anyway.

#5 DrPsycho

DrPsycho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

The strange thing about  this is I notice it while playing youtube videos but when I play games I don't notice it at all. It's really strange but I'll replace the monitor.

#6 DrPsycho

DrPsycho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

Another strange thing that I just noticed was that when I looked at the picture again the image was back to normal without an red lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users