Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd Email Login/Facebook Login

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qwerty551

qwerty551

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

I recently reformatted my computer because it was having problems starting up; it wiped everything from the drive.

This morning I tried logging into my Facebook. Usually it will give me an email stating that there was a login from my normal location (Canada), but this time it said there was a login from New Zealand. Right away I changed my Facebook password and then received an email saying my password had been changed from California. 

Then I looked at my recent activity of my email, and it said there was a login from Miami.

I have no clue what is going on or why all these logins are coming from different locations. 

Symptoms:

-Logged out of Facebook
-Email showed an odd login location I didn't recognize

System:

-Windows 8.1 
-64 bit

Anti-virus, Malware removal tools, Firewall:

-Avast
-Ran online pop-up Eset scanner
-Windows firewall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Did ESET find anything?

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Download 51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • MBAR will start. Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users