Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

140mm+240mm+120mm radiator enough for cooling 2 overclocked gpus and a overclock

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 culossus

culossus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

Will a swiftech h220-x a MCR140-X Drive and a 120mm radiator be able to cool 2 overclocked gpus and cpu? Also if it is possible would it pump enough or would i need another pump and would i need another reservoir?:??: this http://www.swiftech.com/MCR140-X.aspx and http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx wouldn't be sufficnt though for pumping sakes ? because i know that the 140 mm radiator has a reservoir (MCR140-X Drive)and a pump integrated in it. Because i heard that a 140 and a 240 radiator wouldnt be sufficient enough for 2 gpus and a cpu and ppl were saying 480mm is good for a setup like that so i was thinking of adding a 120mm radiator but im not sure if me extending the loop will cause me to get an additional reservoir or a stronger pump.what would you recommend for lets say an 15 4690k and 2 980ti what rad surface area would i need? I was reading on this fourm about the swifttech h220x and MCR140-X Drive and ppl have come across the problem of not having enough rads for the configuration of 2 gpus and a cpu loop. http://www.overclock.net/t/1367654/swiftech-h220-h320-h220x-h240x-h140x-and-cm-glacer-240l-360l-owners-club/13650   :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

Best to keep them all on their own resevoir/pump and not make large loops or series. I imagine the gravity and wieght of the water will be to much for the the bottom pump to handle. You're pretty much treading on new ground and probably have to come up with a design yourself and/or modding, getting a larger server case. They do sell longer 2-3 fan radiators you might be able to mod the computer case so that the larger radiator sits outside the case and run fittings and tubing through the back and into the case. Just brain storming here. Over the years reading those types of forums I come across all kinds of crazy things done. Even using a 5 gallon bucket of water so the dude could drop 16 ounce bottles of ice into it while he's gaming. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users