Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Was my email/computer hacked?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SafetyBox

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hello there.

I recently noticed that I had some odd login activity from my gmail after checking it this morning. It occured at 1:40 AM. I was asleep and this couldn't have been me. It also occured in New Hampshire, which I've never even been to. Im trying to figure out if my email has been hacked and what I need to do to fix it, as well as what may have been the cause. I am very careful about downloading malcious files and I run avast and malwarbytes premium on my computer. I changed my password immediately after seeing this.

Here is the login I recieved from some google app: (I never use google apps to access my gmail)

Authorized Application (1098692739221-r7ju67or1ss36lq866l9b0idm265as1i.apps.googleusercontent.com) Hide details OAuth Domain Name:

And here is the login location information from New Hampshire:

United States (NH) (

Odd email login from unrecognized location at unrecognized time.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Anti-virus, Malware removal tools, Firewall:

Malware bytes premium didn't detected anything.

Free version of avast

ran eset online pop-up scanner

Note: I have two factor authentication active on my account, so I believe its not possible for this login to actually have accessed my account emails unless I put in the passcode which sends to my mobile anytime a new device/new location tries to log into my account? Im not sure how all this logging in stuff works, and if it was simply an unsuccessful attempt or if it actually bypassed two factor authentication.

Another possibility may be that it has rootkit access to one of my already pre-approved devices, but I dont understand why it would be saying it was from New Hampshire in that case.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users