Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to know chipset of a usb wireless adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluelulu

bluelulu

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

I have a usb wireless adapter I lost the driver disk for it so how can I find the chipset in order to get the right driver for I only know it a railink it is already install on one PC but I need to use it on a 2nd PC but need a driver for it both are win 7 but the first is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit :question:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hi bluelulu :)

On the computer on which the USB Wireless Adapter works, get in the Device Manager following the instructions below. From there, go under Network Adapters, right-click on the adapter and select Properties. Go in the Details tab and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list. Copy and paste the first line that shows up in the middle box here.

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 bluelulu

bluelulu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

Thanks this is the # USB\VID_148F&PID_5370&REV_0101 I google it and it came back with Rt2870 so will check with railnk for a driver :thumbsup:

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Ralink RT2870, yes :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users