Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Every computer I get has problems! What should I be buying instead of these?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 melody5697

melody5697

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

I'm just here to ask this question. My computer broke (some keys stopped working), so my grandparents bought me a new one as a graduation present. That first one (it was made by Acer but I don't remember what model) couldn't tell I was touching the track pad, so I replaced that one with a computer made by Toshiba. It worked at first, but then it started having problems too. Sometimes it doesn't have Internet access for some reason. I woke up early today to watch my favorite TV show and then my computer stopped working and I missed the beginning and now I have to watch it later! I have terrible luck with computers. The same goes for tablets (my first thought I tapped places I didn't and the screen turned a weird color and crashed, my second had the same problem my new computer is having, and my third, which was a replacement for the second one, had the exact same problem so I gave up trying to get one that works right), but I guess I shouldn't go into that in this section. What laptop should I get? It has to cost under $300 or my grandpa won't buy it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

In order for a Windows laptop to sell $300 it's going to have to be made with the cheapest, plastic parts available a-n-d assembled by dirt-cheap labor.

I'm just saying ...

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

There are a couple of nice HPs in your price range, like maybe this one;

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-15-r030wm-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B00QL3J6AU/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1434223394&sr=1-3&keywords=hp+laptop

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

IMO quit spending money, get some help up here to fix your issues.  Most up here like both Acer and Toshiba both good machines, my Toshiba is over 3 years old and still runs great.  Most problems are caused by the operator and can be remedied with a bit of help!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

These operational issues you are having, My first question is this. Are you running any sort of Anti-virus and Anti-Malware applications? You don't make any mention of such so I'm curious. Since you seem to have issues almost immediately with new computers. Because without these security applications no amount of money thrown at a new machine will help you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 TechTorpedo

TechTorpedo

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

Stop clicking on viral links in facebook, that will cut most of your pc problems by 90%

#7 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

I agree with OldPhil "get some help up here to fix your issues"

Please post the Toshiba model and operating system

It takes time to learn some things but its worth it

How do I know? I remember my roots which did not get off to a good start when I had to learn computers on the job without any training

#8 Noob Denial

Noob Denial

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

You've gone through several different computers but experience the same problems. The only constant in this appears to be you.  User error.

• Couldn't connect to the internet: Could be a legitimate issue beyond your control, or you might have unstable internet service and it was just down for whatever reason (DSL does this a lot). Or it could be whatever malware infects your system causing it.  I'm going with #3.
  • Your tablets: I don't know if you're eating greasy food while you play with your tablet, but if you do that can cause it to read a 'tap' when you didn't tap. keep your screen and hands clean while operating. If you've got too many programs running in the background while you try to start more, you're gonna have a bad time. Don't just minimize apps you're not using close them. If you're having problems try turing the tablet off then on again. Not just the screen, actually reboot.
  • Don't let your grandparents waste more money on another computer. I guarantee it's going to have the same problems you've been having all along. Some things you can do to help yourself out and have the computer run better: install and run ccleaner like once a week. Install an adblocker, like uBlock or Adblock Edge. Stop clicking bleep that's emailed to you from random people and don't click on links in facebook.

If you must get a new laptop I suggest this: http://www.artbinders.com/iwood-kids-laptop.html

#9 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

I believe we are wasting our typing!  Melody may never be back we did not say what she wanted us to say!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#10 Noob Denial

Noob Denial

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

I keep coming across these end lusers talking about "my PCs broke" and then describe something that could be fixed by re-imaging and maybe a can of compressed air.

I want to know what they do with their "broken" system. I'd love to be able to take it off their hands for a low price.

#11 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

I keep coming across these end lusers talking about "my PCs broke" and then describe something that could be fixed by re-imaging and maybe a can of compressed air.

I want to know what they do with their "broken" system. I'd love to be able to take it off their hands for a low price.

:hysterical:  That would be scary... Would you really want to know?

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#12 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

Use unchecky (http://unchecky.com/), this will keep unwanted junkware away.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

I think this "topic" can be closed...it's been over 60 days and no response from OP.  Closing it will keep those with nothing to say...from attempting to create something clever or amusing, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users