Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mustanggal

mustanggal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:18 AM

After updating Microsoft's firewall I now get a blue screen indicating a critical system driver is missing. I bought a recovery disks from this company, but can not get the system to boot from the CD drive. There is an option to use the f1-f9 function, but the only one that seems to be the right one, f2, doesn't work. I am guessing even a new operating system would not benefit me either at this point. Any advice? Right now I have a really big paperweight :(

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2015 - 10:30 AM.
Moved from Win 8 to Crashes/BSODs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

Not sure what you mean by "updating Microsoft's firewall"...exactly what did you do and why?

System manufacturer and model?

What company did you purchase "recovery disks" from?  What made you think that "recovery disks" would solve your situation?

Have you tried to boot into safe mode?

Louis

#3 mustanggal

mustanggal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

I received a message in my computers message center that an update was needed, thus the update to the firewall.
It is a dell I don't recall the model.
I have tried every f key available including safe mode but nothing works.
I figured a recovery disk would help since Dell's "out of warranty" department indicated they could fix it, but the price was outrageous.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:26 AM

What company did you purchase "recovery disks" from? 

What is the exact wording of the error message you received on your BSOD?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#5 mustanggal

mustanggal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

I purchased the disk from ultimate boot repair.
The error message is: your computer needs to be repaired the operating system could not load because critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
File:\Windows\
Error code: 0xc000000d

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

After updating Microsoft's firewall I now get a blue screen indicating a critical system driver is missing. I bought a recovery disks from this company, but can not get the system to boot from the CD drive. There is an option to use the f1-f9 function, but the only one that seems to be the right one, f2, doesn't work. I am guessing even a new operating system would not benefit me either at this point. Any advice? Right now I have a really big paperweight :(

You need to check in the BIOS and make sure the DVD/CD drive is the first device in the boot order, and hdd the second if you want to boot from a disc.

Please answer louis's question, can you boot into Safe Mode?

To boo into Safe Mode press the power button like you were turning on the computer, then immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue till either you reach the Advanced Boot Options or the computer doesn't get that far.

You will need to use the up or down key to move the mouse pointer over Safe Mode, then press Enter.

If you can do this we can try to rebuild the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) which should resolve this issue.

Edited by dc3, 14 June 2015 - 12:25 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 mustanggal

mustanggal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

No I can not boot in safe mode, I tried the f8 and it still booted into the blue screen. At one point an option to press f12 for boot options came up but I could not see an option for booted from the CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users