Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winlogon.exe Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R4d30N

R4d30N

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

Hello all,I'm hoping you can help me with this error.

When the laptop starts,windows boots up and I log into my account as normal,then I get the error winlogon.exe needs to close,the computer shuts down after this.

Its the very same in safe mode,except that I dont even get the error.

I am aware that sometimes winlogon can be a trojan,What can I do about this?

What I really want to is install windows again,but I'm unable to do this as my cd/dvd rom drive will not work,please view this topic for more on that.

I have since purchased an exteranl hard drive,but thats no good either!!

Thanks for any feedback

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

Hello, Without a good cd drive you are stuck with out a paddle to row with, and the new external hard drive you bought I seriously doubt that it is defective. Try it in another Windows XP computer and then if it does into work I might agree that it might be defective. It sounds like you have several problems with your computer and one of them might be the USB ports.

I suggest that you take your laptop into a repair shop even though it is going to cost you some bucks and have it repaired there. First you might need a new cd/dvd Rom drive and more than likely a burner and for a laptop going to be a bit costly. I really do not think you will get it fixed here because we do not have the parts and you are the only way to get them.

I do apologize for the reply and wish I could do better and wish you the best in your repairs.

#3 R4d30N

R4d30N
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:32 AM

I purchased an external encloseure which lets me connect my hdd from my lappy to my own desktop,I can now work on from there,just said I'd post back up if any one else gets into this situation.

Thanks
Barry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users