Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer randomly restarting! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uniclad

uniclad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

The other day my computer randomly restarted but only once so I went ahead and dismissed it as an issue. However, two days later my computer is now randomly restarting every 2 to 30 minutes.

I then updated all my drivers, scanned for any viruses and found nothing. I then booted my computer in Safe mode and suprisingly it didnt restart.

Then I went to reinstall Windows and while doing so my computer restarted twice.

These restarts aren't blue screens containing any error message but just instead the screen goes black and the computer restarts.

I then opened my computer , completely unplugged the power and gently cleaned it of any dust incase that had any chance of being the problem.Then when I started it up only the Power Supply fan ran and nothing else.

I have a Corsair CX750 power supply which is just past a year old, I have read reviews of them constantly failing and even reviews mentioning them causing constant random reboots and then just dying all together.

So currently my suspision is that my Power Supply is faulty and that I need to purchase a new one, however I have no spare ones which I could use to test and I know that random rebooting could be the motherboard, or even RAM issues.

I want to know what your thoughts are on the issue , your help and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daldrys

daldrys

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

Hi,
I think it might be the graphic card as well, because in safe mode it didn't restart, i would dismiss the power supply and focus on the other probable cause.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

There are various reasons for these types of reboots...including overheating, hard drive problems, malware, and other component problems.  I always find it easier to test the functional status of the hard drive...before leaping to other suspects.  So I would run a hard drive diagnostic, just to check/eliminate before moving on.

Loui

#4 achek

achek

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

Is the cooling system working normal? You can check temperatures of CPU and GPU if the sensor of motherboard is working fine. Using software as AIDA or Everest.

Also you can check your motherboard for bad capacitators(with capacitator plague on it).

Edited by achek, 14 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#5 uniclad

uniclad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Is the cooling system working normal? You can check temperatures of CPU and GPU if the sensor of motherboard is working fine. Using software as AIDA or Everest.
Also you can check your motherboard for bad capacitators(with capacitator plague on it).

I have a program that always runs on my desktops that shows the temperatures, and my temperatures are very normal so I don't think overheating is the issue.

#6 achek

achek

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Did you try another PSU unit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users