Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 counselor68

counselor68

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

Hello;
I've posted to a bulletin board years ago, but I'm rusty.
I am an experienced PC user, but not a techie. I can add and change components, and install and remove software, so long as it is straightforward, and uncomplicated.

I belong to a local PC users group, or "computer club", which is family oriented, with members all the way from the newbie to the graduate techie. :thumbsup:

I teach basic Windows functions to beginners, in 4-part workshops totalling 12 class hours monthly. :flowers:

I encounter my share of problems with my PC, but I have managed to keep it fired up and running for over 5 years without a killing crash!

I am retired, but have many interests, and little time to waste.
Counselor68
Louisiana, USA

[color=#99FF99]sysinfo: .shopbuilt Pentium IV 1.7ghz 700, 512 ram. Windows xp home ed. SP2 Computer Assoc. AV (EZ) ZoneAlarm, Adaware, Spybot S&D, Windows Defender ( Beta). Use OpenOffice suite, IE and Opera.[/color]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image counselor68
It sounds like you may have plenty to offer our members, in the way of your knowledge.
Our members range from novice to expert, so we can all learn from each other.
It's good to see you here at BC

BBPP6nz.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

Welcome to this great user community.
I hope you will find some information here you did not already know.
If you have the spare time, I would certainly encourage you to become an active member, helping others having problems in your areas of experience and expertise.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 counselor68

counselor68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm certainly willing to share; but I'm also in the learning mode!

Now, pray tell, how is it that you get your specs shown on bottom of your post; that's neat. I'm always interested in what others are running in normal mode.
I'm on a shop-built, much modified ( from the original) desktop running wxphe/PIV 1.7ghz with 512 k ram. Defender, Spybot S&D, Adaware, ZoneAlarm, and My eTrust EZ anti-virus, which is seldom rated, but the best!
Counselor68
Louisiana, USA

[color=#99FF99]sysinfo: .shopbuilt Pentium IV 1.7ghz 700, 512 ram. Windows xp home ed. SP2 Computer Assoc. AV (EZ) ZoneAlarm, Adaware, Spybot S&D, Windows Defender ( Beta). Use OpenOffice suite, IE and Opera.[/color]

#5 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:32 AM

Hi again,
The specs are added to your signature, to get to this....
Once you have logged in to BC click on 'MyControl Panel' or 'My Controls' from the main screen.
Then under 'Personal Profile' you will see..... 'Edit Signature' click this.
Then in the box named... 'Edit your Signature' just type in whatever specs you want. (if you want to change the colour of your text, you can do this by using bb code.)
Then when finished, just click on.... 'Update Signature'

If you need any help with the bb code, you can find a good tutorial by clicking on this link....BB Code application
Have fun. :thumbsup:

Edited by Starbuck, 08 July 2006 - 05:43 AM.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users