Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Up-To-Date Windows ISO Download

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dp012009

dp012009

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Hi,

I tried searching on the forums for this but kept coming back with problem resolution topics.

My question is this.  Does Microsoft offer the ability to download an ISO file that is up to date, for the purposes of a fresh install?  Like all, I do not like going through and downloading 100s of updates after a fresh install.  Is there an option for this out there, or at the least, ISOs with service packs included?

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dp012009

dp012009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

I found this option, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery.  Does anyone know if the ISOs downloaded here are inclusive of service packs?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Microsoft pulled all of the ISO downloads earlier this year so that only those with a retail copy will be able download one.  

If you have a retail version and have the product code you can download a ISO image here.

This should have SP1, but you will still need to get all the updates.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dp012009

dp012009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:22 AM

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

You are welcome.  And welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 dp012009

dp012009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users