Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to secure an intranet network from internet intrusion?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mahlajm

mahlajm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:55 AM

Hey guys, first of all please excuse my poor english. I am a programmer with little knowledge of computer networking in need of a solution ASAP.
I want to have connections to two networks in one system. one connection for internet and another to an intranet. but there is a security problem. the intranet network has sensitive information on it and only users with specific IP address can use it. people in intranet network believe that having both internet and their intranet connection in one system, exposes the intranet to the hackers. how can i secure the intranet when system is connected to the internet. because of the limited resources i prefer software solutions. please show me the right direction.
thanks a lot

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2015 - 08:30 AM.
Moved from Networking to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

Start with a default deny on both interfaces, then add allow rules for the traffic (source IP, dest port, inbound interface) that you want.

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hey guys, first of all please excuse my poor english. I am a programmer with little knowledge of computer networking in need of a solution ASAP.
I want to have connections to two networks in one system. one connection for internet and another to an intranet. but there is a security problem. the intranet network has sensitive information on it and only users with specific IP address can use it. people in intranet network believe that having both internet and their intranet connection in one system, exposes the intranet to the hackers. how can i secure the intranet when system is connected to the internet. because of the limited resources i prefer software solutions. please show me the right direction.
thanks a lot

I suggest that you hire and consult with a network professional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users