Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xyzzy81

xyzzy81

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

I figure an introduction is in order as I'll probably be spending a lot of time on these forums. At 33, I'm reasonably new to computers in general. I've dabbled with building my own machines in the past and use a computer on a daily basis but I'm a novice at best. However, I'm kind of going through a massive life change at the moment and have decided to go back to university to study a Bachelor of IT with a major in security. I start in a month. I'm not sure where I'll end up but I'm really keen to find out as I don't think you're ever too old to follow the things you love.

Linux, learning DOS, virtualisation, IT security, a bit of programming, networking, and just all round geek speak are what I'm interested in at the moment. I hope to learn a lot while I'm here. Nice to meet you all. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I'm sure I'll be asking many in time. 

Side note: My main machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad E550 running Xubuntu for every day use and Virtualbox for the rest.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Look forward to seeing you in the Linux forum. :)

#3 xyzzy81

xyzzy81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hi AI1000! Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely be checking it out at some point today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users