Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Get that 'Radio Station Sound' with Your Own Music

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:45 PM

Hi,

I'm taking this title from an article promoting "River Media Center" and I would like to know 2 things?

1. I would like to know how to setup my PC to get my own personal CD collection ripped to my PC in wav format to should as good as downloaded music from Internet Radio stations.

The music downloaded from Internet Radio stations always sounds so much better than my music ripped to wav from my CD collection. I did see an article a while back about setting up your PC to get your own music collections to should great, like Internet Radio stations and now can't find it. Does anyone know where I might find such an article? I really want all my music to sound great not just the downloaded Internet Radio stuff.

2. Does "River Media Center" accomplish what I'm looking for, Internet Radio station quality music with my own ripped PC collection?

That is basically it. Anyone knowing where I might find instructions to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2015 - 08:18 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

A ripped CD that is stored in WAV format should sound 100 times better than internet radio. Most internet radio is barely pushing out 128 kbps or at best 192 kbps audio stream, whereas a ripped CD is pumping out an uncompressed 1411 kbps audio stream. The difference is night and day. I have about 6,000 CDs stored on my system that I ripped myself, some I ripped using dbPowerAmp, and some I ripped using EAC. Both are very good ripping tools. I playback using foobar2000 in a pure WASAPI method, but River Media is really good as well. If you do not like the sound of a ripped CD, then maybe you are doing something wrong. I use an outboard DAC and a Marantz amplifier to playback my files, the sound can be ethereal. Computer based audio is a very big hobby, I have been into it for about 5 years, but I began collecting albums back around 1965, so I have a big head start in this area.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/​

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users