Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

norootfirewall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpuk

mpuk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

1...Does norootfirewall only function in relation to 'apps' or would it have an impact on a RAT that came from an email?

2... How does norootfirewall function? Does it prevent a 'trojan' from phoning home, and thus the hacker can not get remote access to your phone even though there is a RAT on your phone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:54 AM

I wouldn't worry about the RAT function as you would have to manually download the RAT, but I don't believe it does as it just blocks apps sending info to the internet (need an antivirus for that). But i think it would block the trojan from 'phoning home' as it would have to travel through the internet to 'phone home.' Thus making the firewall useful for that, but you would still need an active antivirus to block the infection from happening in the first place.

they call me te java mayster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users