Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How To Remove Arrows In Desktop Icon?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hi, I need help on how to remove the arrows on desktop icons. 

Please don't advice Windows Ultimate Tweaker as I already tried it and the option to disable the arrows seems disabled. 

Please give me detailed description.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,695 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

I have not used it myself but try Winaero Tweaker here. It's under the Appearance section.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

Alternatively you could find a suitable icon pack and download it. Both methods are feasible.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

If you're comfortable with editing the registry, after backing it up first, you can do the following as explained here: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-vista/how-to-remove-shortcut-arrows-from-vista-desktop-icons/

Also that link provides another option named  Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor that would not require any editing of the registry.

Note that sometimes closing then reopening the  Windows Ultimate Tweaker  program you have will re-enable a disabled option. Worth a try.

The suggestion made by JohnC_21 for Winaero Tweaker  is also a good workaround.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users