Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 7 SP Pack 1 Appears in XP Interface+Faster Booting Tips Required

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hi, I need help again.
1.Well actually I have two dell computers, on the first one there is a problem. It's interface look's like an OLD XP'S INTERFACE, instead of the shiny and glossy Windows 7 Interface. I had formatted it before. Anyone know any solutions? I shall provide further details if required, please comment. 
2.Anybody got any tips on how to make the windows on faster as it is very slow whenever I switch on my computer. 
I require detailed description as I am only 15 years old. Thank you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 June 2015 - 03:36 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hi Seranok :)

Both of your issues are quite easy to solve, I just need a bit more information on your system first, so I'll ask you to follow the instructions below.

sUc2qjf.pngAutoruns - Start-up Entries
Follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:
  • Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;
  • Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;
  • Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;
  • Go on ge.tt and upload the Autoruns file you saved;
  • Once done, post the download URL of your uploaded file in your next reply;
3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator;
  • Check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      wNeKMCX.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;
ik5xYHs.pngSpeccy - Publish a snapshot
Follow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:
  • Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);
    Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;
  • Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;
  • After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;
  • A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;
  • A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

Btw ge.tt uploader is not working.

Results From MiniToolbox: Is posted along with this comment

Results from Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0y4YpC6pVUw1SE73sftIBCy

Attached Files

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Please uninstall the following programs:
  • Adobe Flash Player 17 ActiveX;
  • Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI;
  • Java™ SE Development Kit 6 Update 13;
  • Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.6 by SweetPacks;
  • SweetIM for Messenger 3.7;
Let me know if you can't uninstall a program. Also, are you doing Silverlight development?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:20 AM

I cant uninstall the sweetpacks toolbar and sweetim messenger. It says the specified path cannot be found.
Yes, my brother does silverlight development.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

Can you upload the Autoruns file to Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive and share the download URL here? Also, follow the instructions below please.

zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner - Scan Mode
  • Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), let the database update, then click on Scan;
    ntsRTTA.png
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, click on the Logfile button to open the scan log;
    I9NO2Hi.png
  • Please copy/paste the content of the log that will open in your next reply;
aOpBoaQ.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Malware - Scan Mode
  • Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Note: It's your choice if you want to enable the free trial of Malwarebytes Premium or not. Enabling it will give you real-time protection from the program, as well as access to all the Premium features.
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point;
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the Update Now button;
    q3nQ816.png
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Scan Now;
    Tu39lqJ.png
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system;
    Qqbh4g8.png
  • Once the scan is complete, click on the Saves Results button, and select Copy to clipboard;
    FhOtwqv.png
  • From there, paste the content of the clipboard in your next reply;

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users