Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet connection Windows 7 Homegroup Loss

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 problemcannotsolve

problemcannotsolve

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

My computer has not had internet connection every since Microsoft updates were done. I have tried system restore (prior to updates). I have reinstalled Windows 7 twice. I noticed computer does not stay on Homegroup but defaults to Public Network. There are no other computers in the Homegroup. Is this the problem? The network icons I create do not stay permanently. I have tried changing items in Iv4 and IV6, winsock reset, services. Nothing works. It seems that the wired connection is blocked. I have WIFi on my cell phone. There are several devices in he device manager which appear to be duplicates but I cannot delete them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

Please start by providing this information (even though you're not reporting BSOD's):  Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 problemcannotsolve

problemcannotsolve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply to help me. After I reinstalled Windows 7 and connected my printer it still did not work. I turned the computer off for a little over 24 hours. When I turned the computer back on, the internet was connected to the Homegroup. I do not know how long this will last. But for the time being I am connected.
I have three other problems which has lasted for *several* months.

• My computer takes a long time to power up, at times. I have to push the power button repeatedly anywhere from 2 to 8 minutes, before it will turn on. It seems as though it is an "air pump". After I push it so many times, the last time I push the power button in I can feel resistance, then it turns on. There are times when I just have to push the button once or twice, it turns on right way. After I come back in 20-60 minutes, it may only take a second or two to start-up.  Because the time varies for start-up I have dismissed the problem.  I tried a can of air to blow out the dust, temporary fix. It is annoying. 
  • My usb port went out one day. I have three of them in the front of my computer. Two of them work, but the third one does not. I have tried reinstalling the usb hub in device manager, no help. I thought it was a virus, but I thought the problem would go away after I reinstalled windows 7. No help. 
  • My front speakers will not work using the jacks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled retek . They used to work last year. Now the only way I can listen to sound through headphones is to use an usb headphone adaptor. I would like to plug my headphones into the jacks which came with the computer.

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:39 AM

It sounds as if you have some severe hardware problems.

Please post over in the hardware problems where someone more expert may be able to help you:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 problemcannotsolve

problemcannotsolve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Thank you for letting me know. I will do so.

Mod Edit:  Internal Hardware Topic - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 14 June 2015 - 09:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users