Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Specific Sites Redirect to IT Support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ithai

ithai

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

So recently, Tuesday and Friday, I have encountered two or three Virus Detected sites that are telling me to call IT support. My understanding is that these sites are just scams trying to get your credit card information, etc. What worries me is that I have been redirected to these sites more than once. At first, I figured that the site I entered was a sketchy site from Google, which redirected me to the IT support. I attempted to test this theory by using Incognito mode in Google Chrome and revisiting those sites. I was correct. If I repeated this multiple times, I would end up redirected to those sites. On Tuesday, this trial only worked once. What was noted was that the original sites seem to be no longer in use. Rather, the site shows a list of other websites. I know that this is something I shouldn't concern myself with, but I am just a little paranoid and would like to ask you guys for advice.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

Hello,

MiniToolBox

• Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

-----

AdwCleaner

• Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished
    * Click on button [Clean].
    Program will close all active windows. Click Ok to confirm. 
    * After restart log will appear. Copy log into this topic.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users