I am also experiencing the BSOD when my computer goes idle. But the advice in those threads hasn't fixed my problem. After 10 minutes of no activity or input by myself the BSOD will appear with an error 'Kernel Security Check Failure'.
I have followed the instructions on the thread 'Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions' and attached the relevant zip files (note the file report.zip is from Perfmon.exe - I wasn't sure if I should send all files or just report.html).
· Windows 8.1 OEM OS
· 64 Bit
· Original OS: is and was Windows 8.1
· Age = < Year
· Never reinstalled/changed the OS
· Surface Pro 3 Tablet 128gb HD 4gb RAM
· I also ran 'SFC /SCANNOW' (in admin command prompt) and I get the error: 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.' I've attached my log file from C:/Windows/Logs/CBS.txt. Its says there are 4 files it could not fix.
· I recently installed Adobe Reader and got annoyed with its auto updater always running in the background. So I went and deleted that .exe. Maybe this has caused the error to occur - conflict with registry entry and non-existant .exe?
· Following advice on another thread; I uninstalled the Windows Update KB3022345 but this didn't stop the problem.
Edited by gretty, 11 June 2015 - 04:09 AM.