Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD When Tablet Goes Idle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gretty

gretty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

Hello

I am also experiencing the BSOD when my computer goes idle. But the advice in those threads hasn't fixed my problem. After 10 minutes of no activity or input by myself the BSOD will appear with an error 'Kernel Security Check Failure'.

I have followed the instructions on the thread 'Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions' and attached the relevant zip files (note the file report.zip is from Perfmon.exe - I wasn't sure if I should send all files or just report.html).

Relevant Info:

· Windows 8.1 OEM OS
· 64 Bit
· Original OS: is and was Windows 8.1
· Age = < Year
· Never reinstalled/changed the OS
· Surface Pro 3 Tablet 128gb HD 4gb RAM
· I also ran 'SFC /SCANNOW' (in admin command prompt) and I get the error: 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.' I've attached my log file from C:/Windows/Logs/CBS.txt. Its says there are 4 files it could not fix.
· I recently installed Adobe Reader and got annoyed with its auto updater always running in the background. So I went and deleted that .exe. Maybe this has caused the error to occur - conflict with registry entry and non-existant .exe?
· Following advice on another thread; I uninstalled the Windows Update KB3022345 but this didn't stop the problem.

[attachment=165960:report.zip]

[attachment=165961:SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip]

[attachment=165962:CBS.log]

Edited by gretty, 11 June 2015 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

I'm late for work, please try this for starters:

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

Post back with the results and we'll move on to other things if that's not successful.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

No memory dumps in the uploaded files.

Deleting a lone exe (especially for Reader) won't do this, but there are better ways to stop these things from running.

Have you deleted anything else?

No items in the WER section of MSINFO32.  Have you disabled Windows Error Reporting?

I notice that the Windows Event Collector and Windows Error Reporting services are stopped and set to Manual.

Please set the services back to the default state.  If uncertain, you can try this free tool:  http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Please provide this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users