Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC to HDTV Connection Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skullknight

skullknight

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

I have been running this set up for at least a year and I have never had any issues. I use my HDTV as a second monitor which connects to my NVIDIA graphics card using MiniHDMI (card) / HDMI (tv) cable. One day I was going to watch a movie on the TV through my PC but I turned the TV on and it says "No Signal" on my TV. I tried unplugging it and replugging the cable on both ends multiple times and have restarted the PC multiple times. I plugged into all 3 different HDMI slots. I updated my graphics card. Now I'm out of ideas. The computer and graphics card detect my TV however, which is strange. So if NVIDIA and my PC detect the connection as if the TV were on then why the heck do I have no picture or sound?

Graphics Card

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TI

Edited by skullknight, 10 June 2015 - 11:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

Are you selecting the correct input channel on your TV ?  Our main TV has several different inputs - 2xHDMI, Scart, composite video, etc. - and if you don't select the one your signal source is connected to then you won't see the signal on the TV.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users