Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files and Folders from the future

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 j31337

j31337

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

I have an old Dell desktop i haven't used in 3-4 years. Recently i got it going again and was doing some work and needed a file. In my search i noticed a file Created June 18 2015. I searched again for all files Created after today's date. it found 1211 files and folders. I deleted them all and did a new search. No files found. Next day i re-booted and did a new search. 53 files found... Long story short, how are these files created on June 18 2015?
Mod Edit:  Merged posted topics - Hamluis.
I found these files by accident. I was searching for a file using the first few letters. in the results i saw a file that said "Created June 18, 2015" this was on June 5, 2015. I checked my clock an it was correct. I did a search for files modified after June 6, 2015 to June 6, 2025. Found 1211 files and folders dated June 18, 2015. I selected all and deleted. re-searched and found "no files". Next day (re-boot) searched again and found 53 files and folders "Modified June 18, 2015" My computer is working fine. But am wondering what is causing this?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 June 2015 - 06:18 PM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

First thing I would do..;.enter the BIOS and check the date/time there.  If incorrect, please adjust and then save the changes.

What Windows version is installed?

Louis

#3 j31337

j31337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

did that. the date is correct. I also deleted all these files and folders and they keep coming back.. Most of them are located in Documents and settings and this Administrator folder that has a huge # after it... i have my user folder, the administrator folder and this other administrator folder... I would give more details but i just shut down the Dell and its doing windows updates... Im on my NoteBook right now. I have a Rich Text Format file with a screen shot.. dont know if i can show you in here...

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

What Windows version is installed?

Louis

Please answer the question so this topic can be moved to the correct forum.
Introductions is not for general help questions.

From the top of Introductions main page:

Please do not post problems that you may be having in this forum. This forum is to be used solely for introducing yourself to our community. If you have a problem and would like help with that, please post it in the appropriate category.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 June 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#5 j31337

j31337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

I'm sorry, i'm not sure where i should go to post a question...

Im an old school computer tech. I've been working on computer programs since the Texas Instrument calculators. Program Basic Language, DOS, Data Base structure and programming. I've fixed many computer issues (viruses) even caught that CryptoWall virus when it started encrypting files on the network computer. I knew just what computer was delivering the virus and quickly pulled the network cable. You ever see a virus program get pissed off? :)

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

Just post what version of Windows you are using and a moderator will move this topic to the correct forum.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:45 PM

I see that you have also posted in Am I Infected. After this topic is moved to the correct OS forum it will be closed.

#8 j31337

j31337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

ok.. thank you.. i didn't know where or what to do.. OS Win XP Home... you already know...

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

No big deal. You are new here and it may take you some time to find your away around the forum.

For reference AII topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579181/file-and-folder-creation-dates/

This topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users