Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Running Unnecessarily Hot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sawney

sawney

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

Hello all,

I've noticed that my laptop's performance has been getting gradually worse and I would greatly appreciate some input as to what course of action to take.

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3615QM @ 2.30GHz running at ~ 73 °C
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
GPU: 2048MB GeForce GT 650M running at ~ 54 °C

In the first year of it's life my laptop used to boot up in ~12 seconds but of late, since I stopped using Sandboxie, it's been taking longer and longer. Now it's taking upwards of 5 minutes and during start-up the fans start going fast and the keyboard gets hot to the touch.

After it starts up, my computer has to work far harder than necessary to do what used to be simple tasks in Photoshop. During these times my computer's fans start going quite fast and it gets to the point where the keyboard is hot to the touch. 

I checked my start-up in CCleaner and there didn't appear to be suspicious entries, however MSE, Malware Byters and Spypot S&D were disabled on start-up, which is not something I would have done. I went to check MSE and in the tray it said I was unprotected but when I moused over to open it up, it immediately switched to say I was up-to-date.

After running that, I ran Malware Bytes and Spybot S&D which turns out they hadn't been updated in quite some time, all that was found were some tracking cookies. I then downloaded renamed versions of Rkill and tdsskiller, ran them as administrator in Safe Mode. Rkill found 0 threats but it took quite a bit of time on the last step. Tdsskiller found nothing.

While in Safe Mode I noticed my computer started up significantly faster than usual.

I've searched around and a common solution would probably be to just reinstall Windows but I'd prefer not to do that at this point in time as I need my computer daily for work. If more information or details are needed, I'm more than happy to provide them! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hello,

I think that your problems are related to problem with dust. Probably, when CPU is at it's maximum, it generates more heat, and you have dust inside your laptop and that is way you can't even touch keyboard. You should check CPU temperature when CPU is working at 100%. 

Maybe somebody else could suggest you something else. 

I went to check MSE and in the tray it said I was unprotected but when I moused over to open it up, it immediately switched to say I was up-to-date.

I am also using MSE, and that happened to me one or two times. So, I think that is not a big problem. 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users