Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No hard drive found on this computer a day after I installed AVG Free

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jerrymck

jerrymck

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

the title sums it up. I installed AVG Free on a clients pc and the next day his computer rebooted and said "no hard drive was found on this computer".

Is it possible installing AVG destroyed his HD or is it just bad timing?

Craigslist PC Technicians be like "Oh you have a virus? Let me defrag your hard drive and delete unused desktop icons for you. And if you're lucky, I'll even empty your recycling bin! :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

It is probably just a coincidence. Is the drive detected in BIOS? You can pull the drive and attach to another computer to confirm if it is truly dead. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users