Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Surface Hub wall-mounted computer comes with a hefty price of $19,999

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

Microsoft announced today that the Surface Hub with Windows 10 will be available for preorder starting on July 1st and will be shipping in September. The Surface Hub is a wall mounted touch screen panel running Windows 10 that is meant to be used for office collaboration and presentations. The Surface Hub will be offered with a 55" HD display for $6,999 USD and a 84" 4k display for $19,999 USD. Though expensive, this device is a full featured Windows 10 computer that can run any Windows application and allows for video-conferencing through Skype.

surface-hub.png
Photo courtesy of Microsoft.com

Microsoft Surface Hub Specifications:

Display:
55" HD
84" 4K

Processor:
4th generation Intel® Core processor family

Sensors:
Infrared, imaging and depth sensors

Graphics:
55": Intel HD
Graphics 4600
84": NVIDIA
Quadro K2200

Cameras:
2 built-in wide-angle HD cameras

Full specifications can be found here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

If someone on BleepingComputer ever buys one, please post pictures of it as we want to see how it looks like! :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:05 PM

If someone on BleepingComputer ever buys one, please post pictures of it as we want to see how it looks like! :P

+1

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

It will look great in the conference room..... Can't wait.

Yeah, RIGHT!!! :hysterical:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

Animal! For a second I really thought that you were going to buy it! :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Ratedgore

Ratedgore

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

What happen with the whiteboard and markers ???

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

What happen with the whiteboard and markers ???

Technology...

prysm-olympic-video-wall-in-corporate-au

Source for image above Click Here

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

Animal....are those flow charts?....

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

That's one way to categorize them buddy215. But it's more of the technological differences between the first image I posted and these:

whiteboard-art4.jpeg

Since whiteboards and markers was mentioned earlier. :)

But really Grinler think of the staff meetings we could have, if the admins had the 4K versions these. Football seasonStaff meetings would never be the same. :)

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

But really Grinler think of the staff meetings we could have, if the admins had the 4K versions these. Football seasonStaff meetings would never be the same. :)

The bill is to be charged to Grinler and Bleeping Computer LLC? :lol:

unite_blue.png

#11 Ratedgore

Ratedgore

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

Haha this is starting to be funny :bananas:  :hysterical:

#12 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:30 PM

You know, Elise wanted one of these too, so I think none of the admins will object :wink:

Would really improve the admin meetings, right?

Edited by xXToffeeXx, 11 June 2015 - 01:31 PM.

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

Okay I hijacked the topic enough. Lets get back to discussing this product.

While it looks like an awesome device. The market is already flooded with presentation wall vendors. And I think people can build a high end computer and connect a high quality 55 inch display for under $7K. While no doubt it will be a quality product. I just think like may consumer items MS has brought to the marketplace in the past, they are years late to the game here.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#14 Ratedgore

Ratedgore

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

Okay I hijacked the topic enough. Lets get back to discussing this product.

While it looks like an awesome device. The market is already flooded with presentation wall vendors. And I think people can build a high end computer and connect a high quality 55 inch display for under $7K. While no doubt it will be a quality product. I just think like may consumer items MS has brought to the marketplace in the past, they are years late to the game here.

Yes exactly that's what I did for our 3 x conference room ... it is not touch screen but it does the job very well for meeting / presentation / conference call / etc ... Honestly 20k for a setup like that there will be no place for it for small or medium enterprises regarding the cost ...

#15 Bleky

Bleky

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

I'd buy the 20k model if I had enough space to put it somewhere :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users