Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sfc files corrupt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 St. Augustine Sue

St. Augustine Sue

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

Win7 64 bit machine, have corrupted files that can't be fixed in sfc /scannow, ran Go the Power's most excellent fixes and still get this error from the SFCFix program

Any ideas on what to do next?

SFCFix version 2.4.5.0 by niemiro.
Start time: 2015-06-10 07:11:33.761
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - amd64
Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::
CORRUPT: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-u..ed-telemetry-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18839_none_fe0845bb1d97efda\utc.app.json

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
   CBS & SFC total detected corruption count:     1
   CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count:  0
   CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count:        0
   SURT total detected corruption count:          0
   SURT total unimportant corruption count:       0
   SURT total fixed corruption count:             0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 2.4.5.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 2 datablocks.
Finish time: 2015-06-10 07:39:31.938

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,933 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

Hi,

You can ignore that it's the result of a Microsoft Update released recently KB3068708 and according to Microsoft its a false report of corruption.

this update contains the following two manifests that are occasionally updated by the Diagnostic Tracking Service:

• telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json
  • utc.app.json
The two files are marked as static files in the update. When an advanced user runs the System File Checker Tool (sfc.exe), the files are unintentionally flagged as corrupted. There is no impact or actual corruption on a device that is running this update, and this issue will be fixed in a later service update.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 St. Augustine Sue

St. Augustine Sue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:22 AM

Wow that was fast!  Thanks for the info.  I will stop obsessing on it.  Good old Microsoft.  Didn't want me to sit around fat and happy I guess!

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,933 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Wow that was fast!  Thanks for the info.  I will stop obsessing on it.  Good old Microsoft.  Didn't want me to sit around fat and happy I guess!

:)  In light of recent problems with some updates almost seems they fired the old team responsible for the updates!

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users