Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Problem. Fuzzy on startup then blank.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The_famous_Devlin

The_famous_Devlin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:56 AM

Hello

My desktop PC was working fine on Monday night but when I switched it on this morning the screen goes fuzzy whilst it starts up (looks a bit like a magic eye picture). After that the screen goes blank and the "no connection" message flashes up. Does anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong? I've tried a different VGA lead and the monitor seems OK because the colour and contrast menu comes up OK.

I've attached some pictures.

Thank you

Attached File  IMG_20150609_092624.jpg   85.5KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20150609_092711.jpg   121.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20150609_092716.jpg   142.06KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20150609_092722.jpg   59.68KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hello The_famous_Devlin, 

My first guess would be a poor connection somewhere, and since you've tried a different VGA cable the problem might be in the graphics card or it's PCI slot. If it is an external one, and if your motherboard supports an integrated video - switch to the other VGA port, set it up in BIOS as a primary video device and try again. If not - go ahead and try another GPU, and it is also worth updating to the latest drivers (if you're able to work with it at all). Safe Mode is also worth trying, but if you have a hardware problem it probably won't make any difference. I will be waiting for your response and help with further advice, if needed. Best regards, Citizen_WD

#3 The_famous_Devlin

The_famous_Devlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

Thank you for that.

I've just had a proper look inside my PC. I have two 256MB nVidia GeForce 7300 CS nVidia SLIT Configuration graphics cards. One one of them (not the one with the monitor plugged into it) the fan isn't spinning. I'm assuming it should be! I've tried just using the one that seems to be working but nothing happens at all. i assume it can only work if both work.

Thanks

#4 The_famous_Devlin

The_famous_Devlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Sorry, should be 256MB nVidia GeForce 7300 GS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users