Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Secure Backup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jholden0

jholden0

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:35 AM

Hello all I am new but have a question. Has anyone ever used my secure backup as a backup solution? I have just taken over administration duties at a small firm with 20 employees that is growing rapidly. They have been using My secure backup as a cloud storage solution. I am transitioning them away from this service and cannot find any info on the company for support in transitioning the storage from then to a local storage server. I cannot find anything on the Web about the developer. It seems to be an oem product but I cannot find where the backups or the data that is stored with them is physically stored. The company pays a third party contractor directly for this service. He is angry that he did not get the bid on this project and won't send any info. Has anyone ever used this product before? Any suggestions on contacting the developer of this software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 AWhalen

AWhalen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:07 AM

They do have a help community.  You should search on the net.  I am adding the link to here in case this site consider doesn't allow me to.  but it is called help mysecurebackup net.  My company used that before but we no longer use it because we find better it complicated to use and not enough help.  We then move to cloudbacko home.  It is free and the UI is simple to use.  Another cool thing is it allows to backup files, photos, outlook to free cloud storage.  So, we just keep using it.  That's all we need and it fits.

#3 jholden0

jholden0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:55 AM

Awhalen, i have visited that page but I guess I'm asking if they have a support phone number or email address? My main issue is that I cannot change the My secure backup drives to read only. I left then on the client computers so that the employees could look back at the old My Secure Backup drives and compare content for peace of mind that all of their old data was copied over to the new drives I copied from my secure backup to the new storage server. I don't want multiple versions of the same documents in different drives. I would just turn off My secure backup and dismount the drives but management will not allow that. And by the way does the new product you use allow mapped drives from anywhere without a vpn? That was a particularly useful feature of my secure backup. I have transitioned them to Data anywhere which works perfectly. Just curious.

Edited by Platypus, 10 June 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#4 AWhalen

AWhalen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Oh.  So, you don't know they don't have direct email for support.  It usually is answered thru 3rd party (reseller).  Help service level is low.  That's why we switched.  As far as I know, you cannot change your backup drive to read only.   

Cloudbacko backup does allow network mapped drive as backup storage.  Free cloud storage could also be used as backup storage.  I taught my user to backup files themselve if they want to backup to google drive etc.  This save my time in focusing on Server management.  I think you could try it out yourself.  Anyway, good luck as I cannot comment on your management decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users