Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden Files Problem when insert USB

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fahmiazlan

fahmiazlan

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Hello,

I really need your help guys. 

In our classroom was infected, when our study or lecturer insert the USB it will be shortcut virus or hidden files.

every students complaint to me about these issues.

I have used rkill to kill process and then run Malwarebytes around 2 or 3 times, but no detected any virus.

and i also using Rogue killer.

everytime i using command attrub to unhide folders

How to clean? how to ensure that this issue does not occur again?

Operation system : Windows 7 Pro SP1

Antivirus : Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10

USB Disk Security

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:42 AM

Hello fahmiazlan,

If you want to stop infection over the USB and clean your USB drives, I suggest you to use MCShield. MCShield Anti-Malware USB Tool is a lightweight scanner designed to prevent infections transmitted via removable drives (usb, external, camera cards). It's real-time protection is only real-time when you plug-in an external.

MSChield Documentation & Program Features

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:45 AM

Hi there,

Malwarebytes does not target flash drive infectors, you will need to use an antivirus. Have you tried scanning the flash drive with Kaspersky Endpoint Security?

You can use Panda USB Vaccine to immunize flash drives against flash drive infectors.

#4 fahmiazlan

fahmiazlan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:41 AM

Hello fahmiazlan,

If you want to stop infection over the USB and clean your USB drives, I suggest you to use MCShield. MCShield Anti-Malware USB Tool is a lightweight scanner designed to prevent infections transmitted via removable drives (usb, external, camera cards). It's real-time protection is only real-time when you plug-in an external.

MSChield Documentation & Program Features

Thank you.

i've install

#5 fahmiazlan

fahmiazlan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hi there,

Malwarebytes does not target flash drive infectors, you will need to use an antivirus. Have you tried scanning the flash drive with Kaspersky Endpoint Security?

You can use Panda USB Vaccine to immunize flash drives against flash drive infectors.

Hi there,

Thanks,

i will try scan and using panda usb vaccine

#6 saniya99x

saniya99x

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Read this guide on how to show hidden files in USB due to virus. Also, as Alexstrasza said, you need to disable the AutoRun on your usb drive to prevent further infection.

#7 mike1984

mike1984

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:13 AM

This mainly happens because of virus which hides the files and folders in your pen drive or usb drive. Here is the solution to fix hidden files in usb drive. After this scan your usb drive with a good antivirus like Eset NOD32.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

...i will try scan and using panda usb vaccine

Panda Security advises that once USB drives have been vaccinated, they cannot be reversed except with a format. If you do this, be sure to back up your data files first or they will be lost during the formatting process.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 remy5

remy5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

This shortcut virus is very hard to remove. Whenever you insert an infect pen drive on your pc and click on any shortcut this virus will enter in your PC. And whenever any you insert any other usb in your computer the new pendrive will also be infected. To remove you have to reinstall your windows or you can use quick heal anti virus.And after you have cleaned your pc do not ever click on any shortcut if you insert infected pen USB drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users