Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flashrob

flashrob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:43 AM

hello to all.

name: flashrob

background: not a Pro, but "above-average computer knowledge!" ...worked for a computer distributor like CDW in sales/svc. Rarely needed tech support as a sales rep.

generally resolve most of my "comp issues" using sites like this, and trying suggested solutions...understand how to implement most suggested fixes, and usuallly get my issues figured out and solved.

am somewhat "intuitive" ...so I use a combination of experience and hunches to resolve issues quickly...problem with this method is that some of my "solutions" may have unnecessary steps included and I myself may not completely understand why they work...but as my objective is to get a "quick fix" or resolve and issue, I'm less concerned with "why something works" than "getting it to work!"

regards,

flashrob :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:58 AM

Posted Image flashrob
It's good to see you here at BC

BBPP6nz.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:10 PM

Hopefully BC can help you with problems, at least by eliminating unneeded steps or wrong paths when you are trouble-shooting. Members are users much like you, who have learned by either experience or from help from others.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users