Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server 2003, 2008 anti virus software WITH Sonicwall necessary?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jerrymck

jerrymck

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

Hey guys, quick question.

Is it necessary to have anti virus software on win server 2003, and 2008 even though we have a sonic wall? Also, if the answer is yes, is it necessary to have the anti virus software also installed on the 3 virtual servers we have running also? The virtual servers are running domain controlllers, file servers, and one is being used for specific software.

Thanks!

-Jerry :D

Craigslist PC Technicians be like "Oh you have a virus? Let me defrag your hard drive and delete unused desktop icons for you. And if you're lucky, I'll even empty your recycling bin! :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

Yes to all 3 although servers is optional.

The only reason you would ahve it on a server would be from a worm hitting the network and self replicating.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

Just having a sonicwall is not enough.  You need to have the antivirus subscription for that sonicwall.  Sonicwall uses Mcafee.  In addition to their service we also have Norton for the servers and pcs [we have a majority of thin clients and we don't run Norton on the Citrix servers but we do on all the app/storage/DC servers.  Point here is to use two different antivirus soft wares.

#4 jerrymck

jerrymck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

ok thanks guys

Craigslist PC Technicians be like "Oh you have a virus? Let me defrag your hard drive and delete unused desktop icons for you. And if you're lucky, I'll even empty your recycling bin! :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users