Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers crashing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

If this is in the wrong place please move.

OK every now and then most of Browsers crash firefox IE Opera and such. Other times they work for hours on end I have made sure that all the browsers are up to date

Edited by hamluis, 16 June 2015 - 08:29 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Crashes/BSODs - Hamluis.

John

An Australian Living in the USA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:12 AM

Let's start with this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

here is the file you asked for

Attached Files

John

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

Uninstall AVG (especially the Secure Search feature)

Download a fresh copy and install it (don't install Secure Search)

If this doesn't work, post back and we'll suggest some other things.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

Sorry about the delay in replying I uninstalled the programs you suggested. I will post back when I have a bit more time to play with the computer 

John

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

Not a problem.  I get notified by email when you reply to the topic.

Good luck!

#7 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

OK I am still having a problem with Firefox and Opera browsers. When Firefox crashes I get this message

AdapterDeviceID: 0x9641
AdapterDriverVersion: 8.900.7.0
AdapterSubsysID: 358b103c
AdapterVendorID: 0x1002
Add-ons: %7B635abd67-4fe9-1b23-4f01-e679fa7484c1%7D:3.2.11.20150226051211,iobitascsurfingprotection%40iobit.com:2.0,support%40lastpass.com:3.1.95,personas%40christopher.beard:1.7.3.1-signed,foxmarks%40kei.com:4.3.7.1-signed,avg%40toolbar:4.1.0.411,%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D:38.0.5,%7B82AF8DCA-6DE9-405D-BD5E-43525BDAD38A%7D:7.4.0.9058
AvailablePageFile: 8650051584
AvailablePhysicalMemory: 3167924224
AvailableVirtualMemory: 3287863296
BIOS_Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
BlockedDllList: 
BreakpadReserveAddress: 43909120
BreakpadReserveSize: 67108864
BuildID: 20150525141253
CrashTime: 1434243651
EMCheckCompatibility: true
FramePoisonBase: 00000000f0de0000
FramePoisonSize: 65536
InstallTime: 1433286398
Notes: AdapterVendorID: 0x1002, AdapterDeviceID: 0x9641, AdapterSubsysID: 358b103c, AdapterDriverVersion: 8.900.7.0
D2D? D2D1.1? D2D1.1+ D2D+ DWrite? DWrite+ D3D11 Layers? D3D11 Layers+ 
ProductID: {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
ProductName: Firefox
ReleaseChannel: release
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 85933
StartupTime: 1434243473
SystemMemoryUsePercentage: 46
Theme: classic/1.0
Throttleable: 1
TotalPageFile: 11762946048
TotalPhysicalMemory: 5882413056
TotalVirtualMemory: 4294836224
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 38.0.5
Winsock_LSP: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] : 2 : 1 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll 
 MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] : 2 : 2 :  
 MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IP] : 2 : 3 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll 
 MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IPv6] : 2 : 1 :  
 MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IPv6] : 2 : 2 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll 
 MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IPv6] : 2 : 3 :  
 RSVP TCPv6 Service Provider : 2 : 1 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll 
 RSVP TCP Service Provider : 2 : 1 :  
 RSVP UDPv6 Service Provider : 2 : 2 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll 
 RSVP UDP Service Provider : 2 : 2 : 
useragent_locale: en-US

This report also contains technical information about the state of the application when it crashed.

John

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Upload another copy of the Admin.evtx file please.  I'd like to see what it looks like after you've removed all that stuff (and with the Firefox crash).

Please provide this information (even though you're not reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#9 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

ok here is the report you asked for but as for the BSOD I can only get as far as step three and then says access denied

Attached Files

John

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:21 AM

Please do these 3 things to get the reports that I need:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. 

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

Uninstall the HP Software Framework and the HP Support Solutions Framework - they are the most common errors that you've had over the last 24 hours.

#11 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

ok here is what i was able to get

Attached Files

John

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

Did you uninstall the HP Software Framework and the HP Support Solutions Framework?

If not, please do so now.

Test.zip contains the .NFO file that I needed

systeminfo.zip contains the .exe for that file.  You have to run that (at the command prompt) in order to generate the report

Did you see any memory dumps?

I found nothing significant in the .NFO file.

I'd suggest a repair install of WIn7 at this point:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

#13 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for all your help Mate but I think it is the computer it self. I did a factory restore a whils ago and still had the same problem. So I'm just going to leave it as it is for now Again Thanks

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users