Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Veeko

Veeko

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:26 AM

Hi,

I can't open my internet explorer. My os is windows 98 using internet explorer 6 sp1. It happen after i downloaded msn messager. I was chatting in it and bout 2 hrs later tried open my ie then it gives me error messages. Im not sure how to fix it and tired reinstalling ie 6 but it still can't work. I still have internet access but just can't use my ie to surf the net. Im currently using another PC to post on this forum.

The error messages is as follows:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library <--- (its writen on the blue bar)

Buffer overun detected

Program: c\program files\internet explorer\explore. exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

I posted this on Web browsing catergory but no reply there..hope this is the rite catergory

Would greatly appreaciated it if someone could give some advice. Hope i have given enough information to rectify it.

Thks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

I ffound this on another forum, hopefully it will work for you.

" I got the same Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error with IE 6 on a Windows 2000 machine. After 2 days of searching, I found a reference that said too uninstall the Google toolbar I'd installed (appears at the top of your IE application).

It worked!

Hopefully it will work for you.

Good luck "

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:52 PM

Also, check Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel for something called NavHelper. This can cause the problem. Remove it. It's designed to take you where it wants you to go.

#4 Veeko

Veeko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. But it still didn't work for me after trying the suggested solutions. And i don't have Google toolbar installed.

Its strange..when i go to start > settings > windows update..i can access my ie thru there. The first time it doesn't works and will give the same error message. But on the 2nd try it always work and i can access my ie. But even tho it worked..there r some links which i can't access giving the same error msg. but there r also some links which will work.

Also when i go add/remove program for ie 6..i selected the " restore previous windows configuration" options under remove ie 6. It uninstalled my ie 6 and installed, i think, a lower version of ie. with tht i can access my internet thru clicking on the ie icon.. But i its full of script problems. It seems there is some problem with the .exe ie file. Since going by windows update method works.

Stilli im totally confused.

Anyway thks again for the tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users