Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picking a new graphics card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rainbrew

Rainbrew

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

Soooooo upon further consideration on what my new GPU should (upgrading from gtx 560) I noticed that the R9 270 outperforms the GTX 750 ti by quite a bit, doesn't cost much more and the TDP is identical to that of my already installed graphics card. I have absolutely no clue wether I should pick the 750ti or the 270, is the only difference a slightly higher price and higher power consumption or is there something I'm unaware of? Is there a huge difference between the 270 and 270x? I've heard that getting a 270 with a decent cooler and Oc'ing it will give you a 270 for less money basically and overall what are your opinions on these three cards? All help is greatly appreciated as I am a bit new to the whole PC master race ordeal! My processor is an i7-2600k at a standard clock, so I doubt that the cards will be bottlenecked, but I'm not too sure.

Edited by Rainbrew, 09 June 2015 - 01:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

Well I guess the loaded question is whether you plan on gaming on a huge monitor at 1440 resolution?  In which case you may want to go with the AMD otherwise 128bit memory bus for current games at regular 1024x768 resolution of the Nvidia will be just fine.  Your basically asking .. Do I want to buy this orange from Sunkist or this orange from Dole ..

#3 Rainbrew

Rainbrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

I currently have a 1680x1050p monitor and dont plan on upgrading any time soon. I've heard that the 270x outclasses the 750ti for not much more money, was curious about opinions. 

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

Yes the 270x outclasses the 750ti :cowboy:

#5 Rainbrew

Rainbrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members