Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Paint: Screenshot: Only Saves Tiny Shots

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jackz4000

jackz4000

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

Not sure where to post this. For the last year or so whenever I get a screenshot and then it goes to Paint and I Save it I only get a very tiny image. 80% of the page is white? I never had this problem before?

This is an example attached.

Dell D630 T7500

Win 7 32 bit

4GB Memory

Attached Files

Edited by jackz4000, 09 June 2015 - 08:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

Hi jackz4000 :)

How do you take the screenshot exactly? Do you press on the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, open Paint and then paste (Ctrl + V) in it?

Also, ever thought of using a screenshot software like ShareX?

https://getsharex.com/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Another option would be to use the Snipping tool.

Using the Snipping Tool to copy an image. 

To open the Snipping tool click on the Start orb, then type snipping tool in the search box.  Snipping Tool will appear above the search box, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.  

Before you open the Snipping Tool have the image you want to copy one the destop, then open the Snipping Tool.

A small white cross (+) will appear on the screen, move this to the lower left corner of the image you want to copy, press and hold the mouse and slowly move it to the right and upwards.  You will see a red rectangle form around the image, when you have the image isolated that you want, release the mouse.  

After you have the image you will go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name then click on Save.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jackz4000

jackz4000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

Yes Aura. I press Print Screen and Cntrl at the same time. Then open Paint and select Paste and everything looks good. I Save it. But when I go to open the file I have a that tiny image on a big white background. 

Arachibutyrophobia  I will definitely try the Snipping Tool.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

What if you only press on the Print Screen button, without the Ctrl one?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

I've never done anything other than press the PrtScn key and then use Paint.

Another alternative is to use A Thousand Words.

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users