Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I may have a virus on my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amronaroke51

Amronaroke51

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hello BC. I believe that I have a virus on my computer, and I am hoping someone there can help me. Every time a log into a web site, ie: my local transit athority, I am either redirected to another site, and/or inundated with pop ups. Most of the pop ups say "Powered by info." I am running Avast anti virus, and every time this happens, I recieve a Malware warning, site blocked from avast.I am also running super anti spyware. I have run a complete virus scan, with avast and a complete spyware check as well, but I still have the problem. I am hoping that someone there can point me in the right direction as to what to do nest.you can contact me thru this thread or directly @ (email address removed) Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to give me.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 June 2015 - 07:47 PM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum. Also removed email address to protect against spambots.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maryannsubmarelime

maryannsubmarelime

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:46 AM

i thought so too. i got an antivirus app and it found 4 viruses and "healed" my files...but it still was so damaged that i had to reinstall my os. i'm seriously looking into a different operating system altogether. i'm researching other options now. i am tired of all the problems with windows whatever versions they are...i've been hassling with windows since the year 2000 with windows 98 then 2nd edition, then the problems really started when NT came out. ugh. tired of it. but good luck to ya. i hope you get your computer fixed. it took me well over 3 weeks to get mine back in order. stay positive!

#3 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:53 AM

Hello Amronaroke51,

Download install file for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) ver.2.0 and install it. 
Double click on mbam-setup.exe and follow installation procedure. When installation is over, click Finish.

- After first run, MBAM will start "Update" for fresh database signatures. 
Or ... click on 'Update Now >>' link or button for fresh database signatures.

• Also, on Settings tab, set under Detection and Protection next options: 
1. 'Scan for rootkits'
2. Non-Malware Protection, for 'PUP detections', check 'Threat detections as malware' option.

Click on Scan tab, then on 'Scan Now >>' to begin with scanning.

• After the scan is complited, click on Apply Action button if threat is detected.

• While still on the Scan tab, choose View detailed log. In the window that opens, click the Export button, choose Text file (*.txt) and save the log to your Desktop.

• Click on Yes if message for computer restart is displayed. 

-----

Download "Xplode" AdwCleaner and save it on Desktop. 

* Double click to run program. 
* Click on [Scan] button and wait for program to finnish. 
* Click on button [Clean].
Program will close all active windows. Click Ok to confirm. 

* After restart log will appear (C:\AdwCleaner[S0].txt). 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users