Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet strength problem via,PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skae

Skae

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hello! My name is Skae. Sorry if there remains to be minor typos, my pc is being stubborn and won't load the full topic page...

So to start out I'll keep this as short as I can. Recently, about a week ago I got shoved upstairs into a different room, which is approx. 30-50ft from the router. Just guessing on the range. I use a PC with WIFI, enabled by a NetGear adapter. I shall provide pictures :)

It currently connects via usb in the back of the computer, because the front are stubborn ::laugh::
Computer type : Lenovo IdeaCentre K410. Picture below.
My router is in the main living room, on top of a deskish table. It sits with our tv. Router is a HOME-ED62. Picture provides :)

So, to explain my problem... When I got moved upstairs, the computer itself is not slow. The internet is terrible ::sad:: I am a by night gamer, so this is a problem I would like resolved. My pages load exceptionally slow and generally take 3-5 kind to load better. At times the internet does work well,and,i,can run without lag. Ignore,my, commas please:( I suck at typing on this phone.. What can I do? I'll,listen to any advice within reason heh. Thanks!

Adding :: sometimes the net will work better if I disconnect the NetGear adapter and put it back by putting the thumb drive like thing in its slot. I hope that makes sense :-)

Edited by Skae, 08 June 2015 - 07:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Skae

Skae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

Terribly sorry for double sending.. I didn't,know you had to click Attach this File :embarrassed:: here are my pictures! The first two are of the,NetGear and the third is of my,computer specs. Thanks again Attached File  0608151751.jpg   37.49KB   1 downloadsAttached File  0608151751a.jpg   108.2KB   1 downloadsAttached File  0608151752.jpg   70.79KB   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users