Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

144hz monitor & GTX970: settings...?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

I just got my Acer 144hz gaming monitor.

I have it connected to my MSI 970 GPU.

I just connected everything up lastnight and looks pretty good.

It came with 2 cables? DVI and D sub?  Which connection should I use to get the best performance?  It also has an HDMI and display.

Also.  Does anything need to be set or adjusted right out of the box?  I know I can adjust the color etc.. But does 144hz need to be set?  Or is it 144hz right out of the box?

With my MSI 970 is there a option to adjust settings to maximize its performance?  Or is it pretty much right out of the box all set and ready to go?

I just want to make sure I maximize my monitor and GPU to get the best performance and picture out of it.

Thank you

Win 7 64bit

Samsung 850 500gb pro SSD

Corsair HX750 PSU

MSI GTX 970 GPU

Acer 144hz monitor

This post might sound silly, but I am still new to all of this.  If I di need t adjust setting on either component where do I go and what do I want to check.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frldyz

frldyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

an HDMI connection is going to provide a higher display bandwidth than DVI and VGA/Dsub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users