Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a new PC. Is everything Compatible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 akki5230

akki5230

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:31 AM

I have got this :

1. Graphics : MSI Gaming 3 GeForce GTX 750 ti

--2GB DDR3

--PCIe 3.0

--needs 450W power supply

2. Power Supply : Antec VP450p

--450 Watt Continuous

--contains all the cable connectors needed.

3. Case : Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03

--Mid Tower Case

-- Front 2 USB 3.0 ports only

-- ATX and mATX motherboard support

Now in a day or two, I am buying a motherboard and a CPU

So I am gonna buy:

4. Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H

--LGA 1150

--B85 chipset

--1 PCIe 3.0

--2x front USB 3.0 headers on it. This is the main reason I had to choose B85 chipset because there was no 3.0      headers on H81 or H91 chipset motherboards.:-(

5. Processor : Intel Core-i3 4150

--LGA 1150

--listed in cpu support list of that motherboard. I was thinking of i3-4160 but it's not listed in compatible cpu list. So it's ok there's not much difference in both.

And after some time (probably this week) i'll buy this RAM:

6. Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB Dual Channel 1600 MHz DDR3

This is the important thing I need to be confirmed that it will run on this motherboard because I had many problems of RAM compatibility with my current MSI Motherboard. My current motherboard does not support a good brand ram such as Kingston or transcend or corsair (I have tried). It only supports cheap rams of local company (I don't know why but it does..!)

So if there is anything that may cause a compatibility issue or any problem, i want to know now before getting the motherboard and cpu and ram.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

According to this list at Gigabyte for the GA-B85M-D3H motherboard, both the i3 4150 and 4160 are compatible.  The RAM looks compatible as the motherboard takes DDR3-1600.  There is always the possibility of a defective component when you purchase, but everything should work.  You will need to reinstall, and possibly rebuy (If you're using an OEM or System Builder version), Windows if you are replacing the motherboard.

3939.png

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

My only suggestion would be to get a bit more beefy PSU a 500 watt would be preferable if the video card wants at least 400 watts.  During times of high heat the psu works a lot harder to put out the required wattage and a 500 watt would give you a bit more head room as far as draw goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users