Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Poke Cornpruter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cctexun

cctexun

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

Howdy kids, sorry to take your time with my pitiful problems. I got an emachine that don't wanna run. I get script errors, compatibility errors n schockwave lags to beat the band. Sometimes I use the right words and sometime not hope you will understand.

My Speccy snapshot is at  

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zbFuedjXIr5zUFdRzofYFtu

My Minitoolbox scan with the 4 boxes checked is next   txt.gif  MiniToolboxResult.txt   16.24KB   1 download.

Aha I see where there was another Minitoolbox scan to run with 6 boxes checked Here is that one

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 11-05-2015 01
Ran by Dave Haddad (administrator) on 05-06-2015 at 17:05:33
Running from "C:\Users\Dave Haddad\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Model: EL1850 Manufacturer: eMachines
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

127.0.0.1       localhost

**** End of log ****

Then there was a speedtest to be run and that result is at 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4412161858

I might add the numbers were quite different just a few minutes ago 274 ms, 14.64 mbps, and 3.78 mbps

Therefore I await your commands. Till we speak again. Ta-ta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

Start with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Be sure to try the antimalware scans as I suspect malware here.

Should the system be infected, please post over in the Am I Infected forum for more expert help in removing the infections.

Should the problems still remain after this, post back here and we'll continue where we left off.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 cctexun

cctexun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

Dear sir, I regret to inform you....... welp I tried to follow the instructions on Messr Corrona 's page and found I have little or no aptitude for this stuff.

Not really but I only got thru eset, it found no threats, turning to bitdefender I could not get the button to do anything except sit there and look back at me. Evidently I did something I wasn't suppose to or else I didn't do something I was suppose to. what happened was I punched the button to "start scanner" another page opens and I pressed "scan now" and  I got "the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on quickscan.bitdefender.com" . so I continue forward.

Going down the list of free online independent malware scan pages I found that the third, fourth and fifth links did not work and the Windowsecurity scan page gave me the willies so I decided not to use it.

Anywho when I pressed forward to the next page in big bold letters it said be careful these next thingies (TDSSkiller  n others) are dangerous so if you play with them n burn your fingers we are not responsible and your commiepruter might blow up or not and just melt. So I shied away from that group.

Please understand I certainly appreciate your unending patience, invaluable experience, and especially  your unbleievable empathy for us mere mortals devoid of computer knowledge. Thanks, D

Edited by cctexun, 10 June 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

So, you've finished the scans and haven't found anything?

That's good!  You've done well (the antimalware page hasn't been updated recently, so a lot of the links may not work properly).

Now try the hardware scans (Memory/RAM, Hard Drive, Prime95, Video1 and Video2, and the CPU

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users